Quran Chapter 2-24 (Pt-1 Stg-1)(L–44)-درس قرآن
Helplessness of enemies
Surah ‘Al-‘Baqarah (The Cow) – Chapter – 2)
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
24. And if ye do it not and ye can never do it, then guard yourself against the Fire prepared for disbelievers whose fuel is of men and stones.
24. Fa-‘illam- taf-‘aluu wa lan-taf-‘aluu fattaqun-Naarallatii wa-quudu-han-naasu wal-hijaa-ratu ‘u-‘iddat lil-Kaafiriin.
Wa-quudu-han-naasu wal-hijaa-ratu – (Its fuel is of men and stones). It is indicated towards the Fire of the Hell, which will be very rigorous. It will burn the stones also in addition to the human beings. As though, the Idols of stones will be its fuel too. The indication from the word ‘Al-Hijaa-ratun may be towards the cruel humankind.
In the previous lesson, the opponents were invited for competition against the Holy Qur’aan. Now, they are being told: if you may not face, and We say that you shall never be able to fulfill the demand of Qur’aan, then it is obvious that it is the Word of God. And it has been disclosed that the Messenger, Muhammad (SallAllaahu alayHi wa AaliHii Wasallam) is the True Prophet. Now if you do not have faith in the Prophet-hood of ‘Muhammad’ (SallAllaahu alayHi wa AaliHii Wasallam) and do not act upon the commandments of Holy Qur’aan, it shall be the Base of the Hell’s Agony. So, you must arrange to be saved from it, because the Fire of Hell is not any normal fire. But that is such Fire; fuel of which will be men and stones. And this Fire has been prepared for such people; who contradict the commandments of Islam, Prophet-hood of Muhammad (SallAllaahu alayHi wa AaliHii Wasallam), the Truth of the Divine precepts of Islam and purity of Holy Qur’aan.
Some more matters have also been cleared from this verse:
· The matter in which the enemies of Islam; particularly “the Quresh” had big pretension, that is to say “Purity of the words and to cause to understand the meanings easily”, making them humble in the same, it was proved that this Word is of Allah Almighty.
· False gods; which the people have adopted instead of One God (Allah Almighty) and ask them for their desires, those all were refuted.
· Punishment of infidelity was fixed i.e. the Hell.
We should have no doubt in the Divinity of the Holy Qur’aan, the Truth of Islam, sincerity and honesty of the Messenger ‘Muhammad’ (SallAllaahu alayHi wa AaliHii Wasallam) because if the entire human beings try collectively to write any one, small chapter like the Chapters of the Holy Qur’aan, they cannot bring (in which all those excellence must exist which exist in this Word of God Almighty). Some of the excellence are: pure words, eloquence and rhetoric, preaching of good manners, explaining the meanings excellently, material for relief and guidance of all people, instructions for the mankind in the entire fields of difficulties and problems, useful equally for all the nations of the world etc.