Quran Chapter 2-97 & 98 (Pt-1, Stg-1) (L-125) - درس قرآن
A Guidance and glad-tidings for Believers
Surah ‘Al-Baqarah (The Cow) – Chapter – 2)
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
97. Say (O Muhammad, to mankind): Who is an enemy to Gabriel! For he it is who hath revealed (this Scripture) to thy heart by Allah’s leave, confirming that which was (revealed) before it, and a guidance and glad-tidings to believers.
98. Who is an enemy to Allah, and His angels and His messengers, and Gabriel and Michael! Then, lo! Allah (Himself) is an enemy to the disbelievers.
97. Qul man- kaana ‘aduwwal-li-Jibriila fa-‘innahum nazza-lahuu ‘alaa qalbika bi-‘izNillaahi musaddiqal-limaa bayna ya-dayhi wa hudanw-wa bushraa lil-Mu’-miniin.
98. Man-kaana ‘aduwwal-Lillaahi wa malaaa-‘ikatiHii wa rusuliHii wa Jibriila wa Mii-Kaala fa-‘innAllaaha ‘aduwwul-lil-Kaafiriin.
Jibriila – (Gabriel) it is the name of a great Angel (peace be upon Him). He has a very sensitive responsibility as He conveys Revelations of God Almighty to the Prophets and Messengers (peace be upon Them). He is counted as from the closely to God Almighty and arch Angel.
In this verse, God Almighty has opened some more secrets of the Jews’ false and meaningless arguments. They used to say that, which torment used to descend over their forefathers from time to time, the news of that punishment was revealed by Gabriel (peace be upon Him). He was their national enemy. For whom, out of Prophets and Messengers (peace be upon Them) will He bring the revelation, they will not accept Him (peace be upon Him). This Angel brings the Revelation unto the Prophet of Islam, the last Messenger Muhammad (glory, grace, peace and blessings be upon Him) also, besides this, He discloses their secrets, conspiracies and plans over the Last Prophet Muhammad (glory, grace, peace and blessings be upon Him), so they should not agree to accept Him (peace be upon Him).
Allah Almighty has replied in this verse that position of the Gabriel (peace be upon Him) is only as an Angel who conveys the Messages of God Almighty to the Prophets and Messengers (peace be upon Them). In fact, every type of command, order, wrath, punishment or Speech is revealed from Allah Almighty. The enmity of Gabriel, some other Angels and Messengers (peace be upon Them) is entirely meaningless and the Infidels will be punished severely due to their enmity with God Almighty
Allah Almighty has described three virtues of Holy Qur’an in this verse:
- It confirms the principles of previous Heavenly Scriptures.
- This Holy Book guides towards the Straight Path.
· It causes to hear happy news for the Believers about good rewards and success.